Canceled. Due to the current context, the activity will be rescheduled at a time where it will possible.
CAR Cluj invites you to a hike as far as possible from the hustle and bustle of the city!
Sunday we will drive about 1 hour and 20 minutes to Valea Ierii and at Capuș we will follow the course of Văii Ierii. From there we continue on the Falcon Valley and after approx. 20 minutes we will park the cars in the valley in a resting place.
The hike starts with an ascent to the Grindeu-Vârtopeni peak, from where we will have wide views to Muntele Mare plateau, peaks close to the northern basin of Muntele Mare, where springs collect on Ierii Valley. We will close the loop through wild valleys, specific to the less walked areas in Apuseni.
Who can participate?
Everyone who has little mountain experience. Children over 9-10 years old can accompany the group if they have an adequate physical condition and experience in mountain hiking.
Difficulty: medium for beginners
Duration: approx. 6 hours
Altitude gain: 500 m
Meeting time is 09:30 am
The meeting place is by the newly established Red Cross Training Center (coordinates 46.604018, 23.280668)
- footwear suitable for autumn hiking
- hiking pants
- 1st layer + windproof/ rain jacket
- cap in case of windy weather
- 1 flashlight
- 1 hydration container (approx. 1 L)
- snack / sandwich
Mandatory sanitary protocol:
- each person will be thermoscanned on arrival
- hand sanitization with disinfectant is mandatory
- the mask will be worn as appropriate
- the distance of 2 m between people will be observed during the activity