CANCELED. Due to the current context, this workshop will be scheduled for a time when it will be possible.
The belay techniques in steep and vertical terrain workshop is dedicated to those who want to progress from hiking to more technical routes ( exposed ridges, steep valleys, dry canyons) or want to be able to belay children on easy tourist hikes that might include exposed sections or sections equipped with chains.
This workshop is also an introduction to climbing.
What will we go through in this workshop?
– tying in the rope
– Equalizing 2 anchors and self-belay
– rappelling with self belay
instructor: Marius Florea – mountain and speleology rescuer / instructor (initiator) Romanian Federation of Speleology / mountain guide (certificate no. 6767)
participants: max. 6 pers.
Date: November 7, 9:00 AM
Place: Turzii Gorges
Meeting place: OMV Calea Turzii
Recommended personal equipment:
– helmet + harness
– belay device for double rope rappel; ex: Petzl Reverso, ATC Guide, etc…
– 3 screw carabinners
– 1.5 m 6mm cord
– 2.5 m dynamic rope of 9 mm OR a sling approx 80 or 120 cm
* The workshop can be rescheduled in case of bad weather.
Registration fee: 150 lei / pers.
Mandatory sanitary protocol:
- each person will be thermo scanned on arrival
- hand sanitization with disinfectant is mandatory
- the mask will be worn all the time during the workshop
- a 2 m distance between participants will be respected during the activity