If you want to understand what rock climbing or climbing means, we invite you to take your first vertical steps, in the company and under the supervision of a guide and mountain rescuer.
What will we go through in the workshop?
- presentation of specific equipment
- rope tying
- climbing sport climbing routes (low and medium grade)
This workshop is recommended for beginners.
Previous technical knowledge is not needed. Just a basic physical condition and of course, the desire to try this beautiful sport!
Instructor: Marius Florea – mountain rescuer and lifeguard / instructor (initiator) Romanian Federation of Speleology / mountain guide (certificate no. 6767)
Participants: max. 8 pers.
Date: October 30, 10 AM
Location: Cheile Turzii or Cheile Tureni – we will choose depending on the temperature and weather, prior to the workshop.
Meeting place: Unirea sports base, Mănăștur
- if you have a climbing harness, helmet and / or climbing shoes it is recommended you bring them
- own hydration container (1 L water)
- windproof jacket + windproof cap
- a snack
* The event can be rescheduled in case of bad weather.
Registration fee: 80 lei / pers.
Mandatory sanitary protocol:
- each person will be thermo scanned on arrival
- hand sanitization with disinfectant is mandatory
- the mask will be worn all the time during the workshop
- a 2 m distance between participants will be respected during the activity