Press release TMF18
#DiscoverMountains #TMF2018 #press
The first international mountain festival takes place in Cluj-Napoca between 23 – 25 November 2018. Upcoming are 3 days of mountain festival, with 12 adventure films (6 in national premieres), 14 special guests, 7 mountain sports, 1 mountain photo exhibition, 8 interactive workshops – all to increase your appetite for mountain and activities in nature!
At the international mountain festival Transylvania Mountain Festival 2018 powered by Garmin held between 23 and 25 November in Cluj-Napoca, by Clubul Sportiv Alpin Universitar in partnership with the Romanian Alpine Club and Cluj-Napoca City Hall, the best adventure and mountain education films of the moment will be broadcast in national premiere. At TMF18 we will meet 14 special guests, experts in sports and mountain professions, and we will enjoy 8 interactive workshops organized to encourage the practice of mountain activities – skiing, rock climbing, mountaineering, canyoning, caving, paragliding and BASE jumping – as well as workshops on the topics like the production of adventure documentary films, adventure and mountain photography and the use and realization of innovative technologies.
TRANSYLVANIA MOUNTAIN FESTIVAL is structured in four major sections: SPORT (on the ground, underground, water and air), CAMPUS (safety, navigation, nature, culture), INNOVATION (equipment and technologies) and cultural EXPERIENCE (film, photography, talks and workshops).
Day 1: Friday, November 23, 2018
- Film: Untamed Romania (2018), From Turzii with Love (2018, premiere in Cluj), DEAP canyoning, Solo BASE (national premiere)
- Themed Talks: On mountain running with best ultra marathoner of the year – Robert Hajnal, The importance of mountain professions and mountain security with certified UIAGM mountain guides, mountain rescue and SMURD paramedics.
Day 2: Saturday, November 24, 2018
- Movies for the first time in Romania: Evolution of Dreams (2018), the legendary documentary film Mountains of Storms (1968) and the top rated 4 adventure, rock climbing and mountaineering films from 2018 produced by Sender house – REEL ROCK 13 (2018)
- Themed talks: on caving, skiing and mountaineering
- Transylvania Mountain Festival 2018 Festival Gala
- Expo TMF at 18, Stefan cel Mare Square
- TMF 2018 mountain photography exhibition with free access for visitors
- Documentary and themed shows from invited sports clubs.
- Practical workshops: Pastel drawing for children, adventure photography, mountain navigation, the basics of drone filming, first aid course provided by SMURD Volunteer Paramedics, Flight Simulator offered by Garmin Cluj main partner.
Day 3: Sunday November 25, 2018
- Practical workshops: indoor climbing and bouldering at SKAI Urban Crag, informal meetings with the outdoor community
The purpose of the event is to coagulate the outdoor community in the region and to bring a modern perspective on the practice of sports and mountain activities in Eastern Europe. Through Transylvania Mountain Festival, we aim to place again Cluj-Napoca and Romania on the international map of sports and artistic culture related to mountain, adventure and exploration.
Organizer: Clubul Sportiv Alpin Universitar
Main partner: GARMIN Cluj
Institutional partners: Romanian Alpine Club, Cluj-Napoca French Institute, Cluj-Napoca City Hall
Partners: 3Pillar Global, SYKES, Transylvania Film
Sponsors: WinterTour, Mountex, Tortelli, Alpin Expe, Alpine Tours, SKAI Urban Crag, Iulius Mall, ITIP, Ursus
Event Promotion and Production partners: Elf ‘St,The Genuines, Black Wolf
Media Partners: Rock FM, Zile & Nopti, Cluj Life,
Media support: Radio Cluj, TVR Cluj, Alerg.ro, Cardioguerilla
Anca Berlo – TMF PR & Communication
+ 40 730 091 232