Transylvania Mountain Innovation Award, founded in 2018, aims to promote innovations among outdoor activities and mountain related communities.
Technology advances, innovative materials used for various sports equipment, innovations that increase energy autonomy in hardly accessible environments, solutions for environment conservation and protection, the digitization of touristic services, social innovation projects – all these have a major impact on mountain outdoor activities: sport, leisure & tourism, education, art and science.
Each year we select a lead theme that aggregates concepts, ideas and projects. The theme for 2020 is: VERTICAL STORIES, and this is an open call for the community to enlist their projects in this unique competition.
TMF Mountain Innovation Categories
The submissions for the Mountain Innovation Award are welcome from the following areas:
- Software solutions, products and apps
- Wearable equipment and devices
- Energy / Power solutions and systems
- Environment protection & exploration solutions and systems
- Innovative materials
- Rescue tools & systems
- Education platforms and tools
- Innovative professional services
The eligible solutions, services and products should be usable in sport related activities ( like skiing, biking, hiking, caving, alpinism, paragliding, climbing, running, kayaking, etc.), in mountain leisure and tourism activities or research and exploration activities.
- The competition is open at international level.
- Please try to list your submission under one single category.
- Submission deadline: 25.09.2020
- Final selection notification: 02.10.2020
- Late entries are not accepted.
Final selection and winner
- In order to be accepted in the final selection, all submitted innovative solutions, products and services should already be functional and on the market.
- The nominated projects for the TMF MOUNTAIN INNOVATION AWARD will be presented and promoted during the festival.
- The winner will be announced during the Transylvania Mountain Festival Gala, on November 14, 2020. (provided that the COVID19 context allows it. We will keep you posted)
- The jury also reserves the right to not present an award, and its decisions will be final.
Each submission must include:
- A short description of the innovative element incorporated in the solution, products or service proposed (max. 100 words)
- A detailed presentation
- Technical documentation
- Examples in use
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR ENTRIES:
Send your innovative solution, product or service submission at the following address: email@example.com