The 3rd expedition of the international mountain festival Transylvania Mountain Festival will be held during October 20 – November 15, in a mixed, „all-mountain“ style, adjusted to the current siatution. The theme of TMF 2020 – Vertical Stories – enjoyed a wide participation, from 12 countries, from 5 continents!
In order to compliment all the participants who submitted mountain films, mountain photos, innovative environment and sport projects, Transylvania Mountain festival team will deploy the current edition both online and offline!
Transylvania Mountain Festival 2020 Schedule
For safety reasons, the schedule and festival program has been fragmented across 4 weeks of educative and sport workshops, art exhibitions and online screenings. Therefore, since October 20 until November 15 ,mountain and outdoor sports lovers will be able to enjoy:
- Outdoor workshops and tours for mountain biking (MTB), hiking, rock climbing, bouldering, paragliding, alpinism, mountain safety, avalanche rescue, first aid during covid19.
- Mountain photography exhibitions will include the themes selection ALTITUDES and the official photography selection.
- The TMF 2020 Mountain Film Official Selection – that will be available online, with documentaries, adventure shirts and feature films on the Vertical Stories theme.
The updated schedule is available here.
The schedule will be constantly adjusted according to meteo conditions and to the sanitary restrictions.
Transylvania Mountain Festival 2020 Awards
As in each year, the winners of the Transylvania Mountain Festival trophies and awards will be announced during an official ceremony (smaller than usual), for the following categories:
- TMF 2020 Mountain Photography Awards
- TMF 2020 Mountain Film Awards
- TMF 2020 Mountain Innovation Awards
- TMF 2020 Mountain Sports and Education Awards
TMF Association promotes mountain knowledge and exploration through sport, education, arts and science – while Transylvania Mountain Festival is the place where athletes, explorers, innovators and creatives that love Nature and Mountains meet! We hope that this program will inspire the local and international community, to generate new initiatives and projects bring back home mountain spirit and love for Nature.
The friends and organizers of TMF 2020 are:
- Sports partner: GARMIN Romania
- Institutional partners: Clubul Alpin Român – Filiala Cluj, Institut Français de Cluj, SMURD Cluj
- Production partner: PMA Invest
- Nutrition partner: Lyo Food
- Specialized partners: Avalanșe în Carpați, Vertical Sport, Ride Now Transilvania, Skai – sala de escaladă, Alpine Tours
- Brand image and design: Black Wolf
- Media partners: Cluj.com, Info Traffic, Ski & Outdoor Magazine, Transilvania IT, Cluj Life
- Partners Elf’st – marketing & investment, The Genuines, Atelier Cafe
- Organizers: Asociația TMF, CSAU – Clubul Sportiv Alpin Universitar